Finance Director - Chris Wallace:
Address: 3921 SW 47 Avenue, Suite 1008
Davie, FL 33314
Phone: 954-903-0712, Ext. 203
The Finance Department performs the following functions:
- Payment of all City bills in a timely and fiscally responsible manner.
- Collection and recording of all revenues.
- Undertake appropriate investment opportunities per the City’s adopted investment policy.
- Cash management and cash flow control.
- Perform purchasing functions.
- Assist City Manager in preparation of the annual budget.
- Coordinate annual financial audit.
- Prepare monthly and annual financial reports for City Commission, Administrator, department heads and residents.
- Ensure timely payment of all City obligations and proper fund accounting.
- Payroll processing and administration.
- Provide risk management, to include preparation of a Risk Management policy; review, recommend and purchase all insurance types on behalf of the City; process and assist in the investigation of insurance claims; ensure that the City maintains proper insurance coverage.